Talent acquisition and Recruitment are terms that are used interchangeably, however, they are very different approaches to sourcing talent for your company, and hence the reason we are clarifying these for you.
The term “Talent acquisition” is similar to recruitment as they both involve finding people to work for your organization. The key differences are around the methodology applied to source the Talent. Talent acquisition is a proactive, strategic approach to finding your people, whereas recruitment is a reactive approach, we refer to it as the process of getting “bums in seats” or simply filling a vacancy. Often more value is placed on quantity over the quality of the candidates.
It’s a linear process of filling vacancies whereas Talent acquisition is geared towards building relationships, anticipating future hiring needs, and building a Talent pool. Talent acquisition is a curated process where we partner with our clients to find the missing piece of the puzzle, the needle in the haystack, your very own UNICORN.
This is what lights us up!
6 STEPS in the talent acquisition process:
- Sourcing new talent from various sources (these remain Top secret of course).
- Attracting Candidates involves market research of compensation packages that are attractive enough to draw in the GEMS.
- Interviewing and Assessing candidates by holding interviews to dig deep into the competencies required and assess if they meet the performance requirements and ascertain if they are a good match.
- Background checks and or pre-employment assessments to ensure you employ the right fit and to help you avoid any risk to the company.
- Selection of the most suitable candidate.
- Onboarding and presenting them with an offer and orientating them with your company culture.
3 TIPS to effective Talent acquisition:
- Talent map – this is a proactive approach used to forecast long-term hiring needs and subsequently cultivate organizational support for new roles over time. It bridges the gap between a company’s goals and the workforce they require to achieve them.
- Appoint Talent Specialists to partner with you to identify and track potential candidates
- Take it slow – do not rush the process – in this instance, being meticulous is warranted. This will secure you get the right fit for your role.
Are you interested to learn more about our talent-sourcing service and affordable fees?